March 8, 2012 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
South Coast Air Quality Management District Headquarters, Diamond Bar, CA
The South Coast Air Quality Management District (SCAQMD) and the Independent Lubricant Manufacturers Association (ILMA) are holding a symposium to discuss SCAQMD Rule 1144 — Metalworking Fluids and Direct-Contact Lubricants. The symposium will include discussions regarding technology advancements, case studies, formulating options, measurement, and manufacturing impacts of this rule. District staff will be discussing rule requirements, supplier and distributor reporting and test method procedures.
The symposium is intended for:
- End users
- Compound blenders
- Formulating chemists
- Base stock refiners
- Government regulators
- Lubricant and MWF additive manufacturers
Speakers scheduled to present include:
- John Burke, Houghton International Inc. — Advantages and Disadvantages of Low VOC Vegetable Based Metalworking Fluids
- Paul Frederick, American Research Products Inc. — Practical Application of Non Chlorinated Ultra Low VOC Metalworking Fluids Using Renewable Resource Based Technology
- Mark Fretz, Houghton International Inc. — Case Studies of Rule 1144; Implementation at End Users
- Michael Gernon, Taminco — Methods for the Determination of the Normal Boiling Point of a High Boiling Liquid
- Tyler Housel, Inolex Chemical Company — VOC Assessment of Ester Fluids
- Jennifer Ineman, The Lubrizol Corporation — Regulations Drive New Advancements in Rust Preventives
- Tom Manzo, Timely Industries — An Unexpected and "Timely" Solution
- Mike Morris, SCAQMD — Rule Overview and Reporting Requirements
- Mike Pearce, W.S. Dodge Oil Co. — Reformulating to Comply with Rule 1144: The Good, The Bad and the Oh My
- Uyen-Uyen Vo, SCAQMD — Volatile Organic Compound (VOC) Content Test Methodology: Past, Present and Future
REGISTRATION IS FREE. TO REGISTER, CLICK HERE.
TO SEE THE AGENDA, CLICK HERE.
- Ayres (ask for the AQMD Government rate of $84.00)
- Holiday Inn (rates are$89 - $99)
- Shilo Inn in Pomona (a 10 minute drive from SCAQMD Headquarters)
Ontario Airport (ONT) is the closest, with Orange County/John Wayne (SNA) not much farther. Los Angeles (LAX) is over an hour away.
Taxi fare from ONT is about $60 to $65 one way. From Orange County it is about $130.00 each way. www.Supershuttle.com is a shared van (3 stops max) service. It is $36.00 each way to/from ONT, and $52.00 to/from SNA. Both airports have all the usual rental car companies.
THERE WILL BE A FREE WEBCAST OF THE SYMPOSIUM AVAILABLE. FOR MORE INFORMATION, CLICK HERE.