- To inform members about trends in the lubricants industry
- To be a communication tool for ILMA
- To be a venue where members can become known in the industry through advertising, columns, and articles
Compoundings contains various sections that include articles that are relevant to our members within the industry, the business world and in maintaining relationships with other members.
- Washington Watch reports regulatory issues affecting member companies.
- TopLine consists of columns on manufacturing operation processes to gain efficiencies, spotlighting the task of making money at a gross profit level, ways to increase sales productivity, and a bi-monthly report reviewing the ups and downs of base oil pricing.
- Corporate Care includes product stewardship and brings health, safety, and environmental regulatory affairs to the forefront.
- Voices and Views incorporates articles by colleagues throughout the industry, reinforcing the committee structure of "By the association, for the association".
- International Insight provides viewpoints of independent lubricant manufacturers across the globe.
- Movers and Shakers promotes important industry news, meeting information, committee and board reports and news from our sister trade associations.
- Shifting Gears involves columnists from a number of different sectors, including IT, human resources, legal advice and crisis management.
Compoundings is delivered to 2,000 readers in the U.S. and globally. This includes key representatives and key executives of member companies, industry press and industry association personnel.