ILMA Ethics Initiative
In April 2004, ILMA launched its ethics initiative to ensure that all independent lubricant manufacturers would be able to compete in a fair marketplace. For the past three years, the Association has worked with various industry associations, including the American Petroleum Institute (API), American Chemistry Council (ACC), Petroleum Marketers Association of America (PMAA) and the Automotive Oil Change Association (AOCA), to level the playing field for all manufacturers.
ILMA has reached a number of its goals when the Task Force was originally formed, including ensuring that all members of the Association agree to abide by the Code of Ethics and sign membership affirmations with their annual dues renewals; the launch of the testing program; and most recently the expansion of the program to include hydraulic and tractor fluids.
Please see below for resources and the "history" of this groundbreaking program.
Important ILMA Documents
- McKinley Marketing Branding Research: ILMA: Summary of Key Survey Findings and Results
- ILMA Ethics Initiative FAQ
- Best Practice for Blending and Handling Lubricant Products
- Code of Ethics
ILMA Comment Letters
- API 1509, Engine Oil Licensing and Certification System, 16th Edition, April 2007
- Impact of low quality oils on engine wear and sludge deposits
- National Conference on Weights and Measures
- The Next Step in Raising the Bar: Tractor Fluids
- Industry Task Force Adds Distributor Members
- ILMA Unveils Proposed Testing Program
- "So Wat Ya Gonna Do 'Bout It?", Jim Taglia (April 2007)
- Letter from the Executive Director, Celeste M. Powers, CAE (April 2007)
- From the Desk of the President, Greg Julian (January 2007)
- From the Desk of the Executive Director, Celeste M. Powers, CAE (May 2006)
- If it Looks Like a Duck, Jim Taglia (March 2006)
- ILMA and API Agree to "Industry Task Force" On Quality (June 2005)
- From the Desk of Executive Director, Celeste M. Powers, CAE (June 2005)
- 2008 Management Forum: ILMA Ethics Initiative
- 2008 Annual Meeting: Moving Forward with Testing
- 2007 Management Forum Continuing to Lift the Bar Higher, Jim Taglia
- 2006 Annual Meeting Continuing to Lift the Bar Higher, Jim Taglia
- 2006 Management Forum Continuing to Lift the Bar Higher, Jim Taglia
- 2005 Management Forum Lifting the Bar Higher, Jim Taglia
- 2004 Annual Base Oils Conference ILMA Ethics Update, Jeffrey Leiter, Esq.
- 2004 Annual Meeting Integrity and Ethics, Howard Putnam